Have a special project? From developing policies and procedures to delivering continuing education, we can help.
Webber CPA has proudly partnered with various organizations and government agencies on state and national initiatives to obtain grant funding and adapt our specialized knowledge and experience to the needs of the community. Special projects include:
- FEIST Pilot: Development and implementation of an investigative set of tools for use by Adult Protective Services agencies in New York State.
- SAFTA Pilot: Development and implementation of an investigative set of tools for use by law enforcement officers across the United States.
Training & Education
As a NASBA registered sponsor on the National Register of CPE Sponsors, Webber CPA creates custom credit-bearing courses for CPAs and other financial professionals.
Karen Webber is recognized nationally for her work in financial abuse, and frequently speaks at conferences, private events, and webinars on topics such as:
- Forensic accounting
- Financial exploitation of older adults
- Financial investigations, evidence, and use of experts
- Forensic Accounting: My Nontraditional CPA Career Path, College at Brockport SUNY Accounting Society Banquet, April 2018
- Financial Abuse: Red Flags, Resources, and Remedies, Jewish Community Center Men in Transition, May 2018
- Financial Abuse: Red Flags, Resources, and Remedies, Greater Rochester Partnership for the Elderly, May 2018
- Financial Abuse: Red Flags, Resources, and Remedies, Albany Senior Services, June 2018
- Investigating Financial Exploitation: Think Like A Forensic Accountant, Justice Clearinghouse, August 2018 – Register Online